If you have a series (or tree) of branches, I wrote a small script to
rebase them automatically; however, it falls down when something fails,
in so far as you have to finish things manually (for now).  Basically,
it does this process for N steps and for any number of branches in your
local web of commits:

  git branch step1-tmp step1
  git rebase master step1
  git rebase --onto step1 step1-tmp step2
  git branch -D step1-tmp

Is that what you mean?  If so, my script is in the 'buildscripts' branch
of my fork on repo.or.cz, named rebase.pl.  Here are a few ways I want
to see it improved:
- figure out the branch tree(s) automatically
- avoid leaving temporary branches around
- full continuation and abort support, a la 'git rebase'
- etc. :)

Patches welcome, but I do not plan on adding those scripts to mainline.
That branch contains things that I wrote which may be useful to others,
but I am not pushing to push any of it.

--Z