On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Zach Welch <z...@superlucidity.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 16:03 +0100, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
>> It's getting there, see oharboe/fixminidriver.
>>
>> I had to mess with lots of Makefile.am to pollute the include path. If I
>> can get that out of the way, then I should be able to clean up the
>> rest too
>
> Yeah, those changes should not go into the tree as-is.  They make a
> total mess of the build system.

Yeah, I had to put in a kludge in the whole 15 minutes I had between
routing FPGAs to test the rest :-)

> In your second patch, the drivers/minidriver_imp.h patch is close, but a
> little buggy.  You #define and declare the same function; the declared
> version should be the _imp version.

I think I can simply do away with the _imp and the #define altogether.
More straightforward.

> Seeing your new patch gives me a new idea for how to fix things:
> 1) In jtag/Makefile, use BUILT_SOURCES to copy the proper
> minidriver_imp.h (and jtag_minidriver.h, if needed) into the jtag
> directory.

Sounds good to me. I don't know the autotools speak to do that.
I'll give it a go.

> 2) #include <jtag/minidriver_imp.h> and <jtag/jtag_minidriver_h.>

minidriver_imp.h includes jtag_minidriver.h.

> Will that work?  It should, allowing to kill your first patch too.

Should do. Some trivial Makefile.am is the biggest hurdle
for me, my autotools skills are pretty limited.

--
Øyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00