On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 1:10 PM, JY Koh <ko...@uni-inc.co.kr> wrote:
> Hi Andreas
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> My board has Ethernet and LCD interface so that my program is too big to be
> accommodated into internal SRAM.
> For this reason, I added external SRAM (1M Bytes) and I'd like to run my
> program here.

The working area (which I suspect you are talking about when you say
workspace) has nothing to do with where your program runs from. It is
an area for OpenOCD's internal use, for example for downloading flash
algorithms for execution on the target and as buffer space for data
during flashing. Best leave it at its default location.

If you want to load and debug your program running from external SRAM,
simply tell the linker to place your code there. You still have to set
up the FSMC in the reset init handler for GDB to be able to load the
executable into external memory.

Another solution is to run (and debug) your program from internal
flash. The hardware breakpoints are often sufficient, and the STM32 is
notoriously slow at executing code from external memory. Besides, you
still have to make the code fit in flash if you want it to run without
the debugger.

/Andreas