On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.har...@zylin.com> wrote:
> Why hasn't anybody complained yet that "flash write_image erase" will
> fail for elf images that are not aligned to sectors???
>
> Unlocking is automatically aligned to sectors in this case...
>
> I'll be committing this soonish if I don't hear any protests or insights...

ISTR quite some discussion over this a few months ago resulting in the
change TO the current behaviour. The rationale being that it's
unexpected/rude/dangerous to silently alter memory outside the range
being loaded. I seem to agree with that. The REVISIT comment suggests
a better solution: let the user force padding to erase sectors with an
additional 'pad' argument, or fail with a helpful error message
otherwise.