On 2010-11-12 18:27, Peter Stuge wrote:
David Brownell wrote:
As for boards or JTAG adapters without nSRST,
no imagination is required; I have production
boards of both flavors.

Show my an example of any _normal_ JTAG interface that does not have srst? As for the second case, OpenOCD's main purpose is debugging, not programming, so production boards are not very interesting here.

Shouldn't be, though; that'd be very unwise.

What's the purpose of that option? If user desires a reset, best reset method should be used, and there is no better reset method than hardware SRST reset. If one wishes to use only software resets, than one can remove "reset_config" command or change it to "none" - now we have two commands that overlap.

4\/3!!