I have found the issue - command "init" is mandatory for bitbang to
work as it initialize the interface (pretty obvious). On another place
I was using some configuration file that had this init inside and this
is why it worked there, I mislooked that :-(

So generally speaking the patches are working. Note that I am using
JTAG transport and "old" interface configuration file (with API
upgraded in source code). Please wait few moments so I update them
with init check and strnstr fix :-)

Screenshots:

1. OpenOCD with no init invocation:

%./openocd -c noinit

2. Telnet commandline:

%telnet localhost 4444
 Trying 127.0.0.1...
 Connected to localhost.
 Escape character is '^]'.
 Open On-Chip Debugger
 > source [find interface/kt-link.cfg]
 only one transport option; autoselect 'jtag'
 > interface_signal list
      Interface Signal Name      |    Mask    |   Value
 > interface_signal add led 8000
 There are no signals defined yet.
 > interface_signal list
      Interface Signal Name      |    Mask    |   Value
                             led | 0x00008000 | 0x00008000
 > init
 max TCK change to: 30000 kHz
 An adapter speed is not selected in the init script. Insert a call to
 adapter_khz or jtag_rclk to proceed.
 in procedure 'init'
 > adapter_khz 10
 10 kHz