On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Peter Horn <peter.h...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Besides the RLink I also have an Olimex ARM-USB-OCD adpater. On Windows,
> stepping with the Olimex is considerably faster than with the RLink. On
> Linux both adapters are on par. I'm Using the same STM32 board and
> OCD-Version in all cases, so the cause for the slow stepping must be related
> to the RLink driver.

...and the OS-specific USB stack or RLink architecture itself. If you
chceck the timings on OpenOCD (windows/linux) and RIDE (windows) then
comparison should reviel the driver and the os-usb-stack quality, but
if the timings are similar that could be matter of device/firmware
design. It would be nice to see such comparison :-) Also the SWD part
of the protocol still waits to be solved [1] :-)

Best regars! :-)
Tomek

[1] http://files.tomek.cedro.info/electronics/arm/cortex/stm32/rlinkre/