On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Spencer Oliver <s...@spen-soft.co.uk> wrote:
> On 19 October 2011 16:38, Mauro Gamba <maurill...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for patch errors.
>> I started to patch the jlink driver to use libusb-1 because libusb-0
>> is not developed further.
>> I haven't done speed tests until now.
>>

> http://openocd.zylin.com/33 adds libusb-1.0 support to the jlink.
>
> Just wondering if anyone had any input on this ?

I believe the approach to only uss libusb-1.0 for J-Link is not a good
approach. My idea is to have both options, just like urjtag. When
libusb-1.0 is available and specified by the user, it should use
libusb-1.0, other wise, it will fall back to libusb-0.1.

Benefits of providing both:
1) Make the regression testing easier.
2) Make J-Link to work on platforms where libusb-1.0 is not
available, like Solaris/NetBSD/OpenBSD, and older version
of FreeBSD, and maybe some embedded Linux platform, and
Windows 2000.
3) Make users who prefer to use libusb-0.1 can use libusb-0.1,
say Windows users who prefer to keep both Segger driver
(to use IAR/Keil/etc) and OpenOCD -- they can use libusb-win32
filter driver. Take note libusb-1.0 Windows does not support
libusb0.sys backend now and that makes it not working with
the filter driver.

--
Xiaofan