I think that Xiofan suggest the good direction of developement.
So I think to proceed in this way:

- Add to the configuration step the possibility to choose which usb
library to use.
- Create an abstraction layer to the usb library with all the
necessary functions for the drivers.
- Modify the drivers to use the abstraction layer instead directly the library.

Do you think it's reasonable?

Mauro Gamba