On Tue, Oct 21, 2003, Thomas Lotterer wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 20, 2003, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
>> Is anybody using the CGI::Application module from perl-www-1.3.1-1.3.1?
>>
>Bill,
>today we found and fixed a problem in the CGI.pm module introduced by
>a security update. A URL was escaped twice leading to malfunction.
>This has been corrected in CGI.pm v3.0, so CURRENT was not affected,
>and we backported the change. Corrected perl (has CGI.pm embedded) and
>perl-www packages for OpenPKG v1.2 and v1.3 were uploaded today. I bet
>CGI::Applications uses CGI.pm ...

After I posted my remarks, I did some further testing on the sample
scripts, and found that it appeared to be entirely a CGI.pm problem.  The
sample script gets the CGI query object first thing, then uses it to
generate via the show_table method.

>Also remember that in the 1.x RELEASEs perl prefers the embedded
>modules (default behaviour of perl) while the CURRENT perl prefers the
>additional installed modules (common on most if not all Linux Distos).
>So be sure to update the correct package, or, if in doubt, update perl
>and perl-www.

I noticed that there was a perl update in my daily mirror report.

Bill

``I have no reason to suppose that he, who would take away my Liberty, would
not when he had me in his Power, take away everything else.''  John Locke
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]