On Thu, Oct 23, 2003, Matthias Kurz wrote:

> [...]
> tcpdump
> -------
> Adds -I/usr/local/include and -L/usr/local/lib to the link line, which
> causes the link to fail because it takes libraries from /usr/local/lib.
> Added
>     %{l_shtool} subst -e 's;-I/usr/local/include;;' -e 's;-L/usr/local/lib;;'
> Makefile
> to %build in tcpdump.spec

A similar patch seems be already included some weeks ago.
Nevertheless I've tried to fix it differently now that I
better understood the logic in tcpdump's configure script. See
http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=12962 for details.

> [...]
> bsdiff
> ------
> err.h
> http://www.mail-archive.com/openpkg-bugdb%40openpkg.org/msg00713.html

Should be now fixed. See http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=12963 for
details.

> ImageMagick
> -----------
> Why is the default for imagemagick::with_x11 'no' ? The most important
> program for me is 'display'.

Hmmm... sure. OTOH many people use ImageMagick just for format
conversions and with its Perl API. I would like to leave the option "no"
by default. It isn't a big deal, the option is remember in the package
(do "rpm -qi" on it) and openpkg-tool at least automatically picks it up
on upgrades.

> Or am i doing something wrong ? Maybe. I should have set "%with_x11 yes"
> in my $HOME/.rpmmacros.
> But when with_x11 is 'no' for the reason of consistency, then at least
> graphviz and ghostscript need to be changed ;)

Why would they need changing? At least they do not depend on ImageMagick
AFAIK?

> Also, in the %build section of imagemagick.spec --without-perl is
> given unconditionally. Don't know about consequences, because i do not
> use the ImageMagick perl stuff.

That's correct. We first have to build it without the Perl API, because
we (conditionally then) build it manually. Building it implicitly with
the --with-perl breaks. So the uncoditional --without-perl is correct
and intentional.

> xterm
> -----
> Build works, but when it is invoked, it prints:
>    input method doesn't support my preedit type (OverTheSpot,Root)
> workaround : configure --disable-i18n

Fixed by using this options, because we don't need I18N AFAIK.
See http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=12964 for details.

> gimp
> ----
> configure: WARNING: *** AA plug-in will not be built (AA library not found) ***
> configure: WARNING: *** MPEG plug-in will not be built (MPEG library not found)
> configure: WARNING: *** Help browser plug-in will not be built (GtkXMHTML librar

These are ok, until now we do not have those libraries.

> Picks up glib/gtk/jpeg from /usr/local.

That's not ok, of course. But do you know how to fix it? I've looked at
the package and I do not see how this happens and how it then could be
changed...

> blender
> -------
> Needs OpenGL (e.g. mesa).
> Maybe there should be a virtual package OPENGL.
> gcc: unrecognized option `-pthread'
> Starts up, but i have no clue how to work with it :)

Yes, this package is still not good, but that's why it's declared JUNK
;-) and why there is in the .spec file:

#   FIXME: rse: -pthread is not portable enough

> xplanet
> -------
> configure: warning: *** Native TIFF support will not be included ***
> On start: "Can't read day image file earth.jpg."
> I've got earthmap2k.jpg from http://www.zewall.com/globe/ (see
> $prefix/share/xplanet/images/README)

Should be now fixed, too. See http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=12966
for details.

> apt
> ---
> Fails during ./configure
> checking for RPM version... none
> configure: error: No RPM version for development was found in your system.

Here I need more details, especially the config.log entries related
to this Autoconf check. Because for me it builds fine:

I've tried to fix it (not tested): http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=12967

> [...]
> guile
> -----
> checking for rl_getc_function pointer in readline... no
> configure: WARNING: *** libreadline is too old on your system.
> configure: WARNING: *** You need readline version 2.1 or later.

Works for me:

| checking for rl_pre_input_hook... yes
| checking if readline clears SA_RESTART flag for SIGWINCH... yes
| checking for rl_getc_function pointer in readline... yes
| checking for strdup... yes

So I need the corresponding entries of your config.log
to see why the rl_getc_function was not found.

> libiconv
> --------
> doc is in    $prefix/share/doc/libiconv/*.html
> should be in $prefix/share/libiconv/html/*.html, shouldn't it ?

Fixed.

                                  - - -

For the remaining things you've mentioned I've to reinvestigate again
when I find time.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]