Ok, the last days I've tried to (blindly) incorporate all your feedback
to improve the Mac OS X support in the bootstrap package. Today I've
finally enhanced the GNU shtool platform detection under Mac OS X and
also added some evil but necessary gcc/cc/ld command overrides which
pass option -search_paths_first to the system ld(1). Together with now
perhaps a dummy "gcc" package (as people tell me that the stock GNU gcc
has problems under Mac OS X while the system gcc works fine) one should
be able to build a rather complex OpenPKG instance under Mac OS X.

But as I've no Mac OS X available myself, I cannot test it in any way.
So, please bootstrap a fresh instance again under Mac OS X and try to
build up to Apache with SSL support or whatever else and give feedback.
At least the problems under Mac OS X now should be a lot less than
before...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com