Hi Anders

Will change according to your comments, one comment below:

On 24/01/18 01:53, Anders Widell wrote:
Ack for this patch with comments, marked AndersW>

regards,

Anders Widell

+   case RDE_MSG_NEW_ACTIVE_CALLBACK:
+      {
+        const std::string my_node = base::Conf::NodeName();
+        rde_cb->monitor_lock_thread_running = false;
+
+        // get current active controller
+        Consensus consensus_service;
AndersW> Shouldn't the Consensus instance be created once, instead of creating a new instance each time you receive this callback? The Consensus constructor even logs to syslog (at INFO level).

[Gary] I will remove the syslog calls in the constructor, but I'd like to keep it as a local variable and only instantiate when needed. It's fairly light weight and only constructed when there is a controller failover / switchover. Is that OK?

Thanks
Gary