Thanks for the help Anders.

Regards,
Nivrutti
From: Anders Widell [mailto:anders.wid...@ericsson.com]
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2016 3:15 PM
To: Nivrutti Kale <nk...@brocade.com>; opensaf-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [users] Both controllers Active

The "spare SC" feature is actually about making it possible to configure more
than two system controller, so it is not primarily about improving split-brain
detection. However, we implemented some improvements in the split-brain
detection and recovery as part of this feature for the simple reason that the
risk for split-brain is higher when you have more system controller nodes.

The split-brain recovery mechanism is very simple in OpenSAF 5.0, but I believe
it will detect and recover from the situation you describe. If it is not
enough, you can also try the remote fencing mechanism that was added in OpenSAF
5.1. There are plans to improve this further in future versions of OpenSAF, by
using quorum and arbitration mechanisms.

regards,

Anders Widell