From: Carroll, James R [mailto:james.r.carr...@lmco.com]
Sent: den 5 augusti 2017 17:45
To: opensaf-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [users] opensaf 5.2, not starting on 32-bit linux platform

Hi,

I never had any feedback on this, which is a little disheartening.  In any
case, we continued to troubleshoot the issue, and it appears there is an
uninitialized variable in the source code that is causing the error.
The file is immnd_main.c, and the line number is 355.
We added the line: fds[FD_CLM].revents = 0;

This resolved our issue, and we were able to bring up opensaf 5.2.   For the
record, we were never able to bring up opensaf 5.2, without this fix, on our
32-bit systems.  We did also test this out on our 64-bit systems, and found
that we were about 50/50 when staring OpenSAF - sometimes is started, and
sometimes it failed, without this fix.   Once this fix was applied, both our
32-bit and 64-bit systems started consistently.

Is there an open ticket for this issue?  Also, with the just announced release
of OpenSaf 5.2.1, will there be an update to capture this?
How are high-priority fixes applied to OpenSAF?

Thanks.

Jim