From: Zoran Milinkovic [mailto:zoran.milinko...@ericsson.com]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2018 3:26 AM
To: Carroll, James R (US) <james.r.carr...@lmco.com>;
opensaf-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: EXTERNAL: RE: clarification of OpenSAF NTF Spec conformance

Hi Jim,

IMM is based on IMM Spec A.02.01.

BR,
Zoran

-----Original Message-----
From: Carroll, James R [mailto:james.r.carr...@lmco.com]
Sent: den 2 februari 2018 19:54
To: opensaf-users@lists.sourceforge.net

All,

We are running with OpenSAF 5.2, and are looking for a clarification on the
following:

>From the most recent NTF Specification, these are the NTF spec formal releases:
SAI-AIS-NTF-A.01.01
SAI-AIS-NTF-A.02.01
SAI-AIS-NTF-A.03.01
SAI-AIS-NTF-A.04.01

>From the NTF Programmers Reference Manual
>======================================

Section 2.2.3 Compliance Report
The NTFSv conforms to the Notification Service specifications mentioned in the
SAF document SAI-AIS-NTF-A.01.01 with the following exceptions:
...  (some exceptions not shown here)...
Notification service includes generic saNtf.h for versions up to A.03.01 but
current implementation supports  A.01.02 [*** WHAT IS THIS SPECIFICATION, IT IS
NOT IN THE LIST ABOVE ***]

>From the AMF Programmers Reference Manual
>======================================
Section 2.2.2 Compliance Report

Availability Management Framework conforms to the Application Interface
specifications mentioned in the following SAF documents:

*       Availability Management Framework (SAI-AIS-AMF-B.04.01).

*       Cluster Membership Service (SAF-AIS-CLM-B.04.01)

*       Information Model Management Service (SAI-AIS-IMM-A.03.01)

*       Notification Service (SAI-AIS-NTF-A.03.01)

Can someone please clarify which version of the NTF specification the OpenSAF
software is compliant with?  It seems highly unlikely that the NTF service
itself is conformant with the oldest version of the spec (A.01.01), while the
AMF service is conformant with a newer version (A.03.01).

Thanks.

Jim