Hi,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 8:38 PM, Tommi Laukkanen
<tommi.s.e.laukka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be nice to have somekind of short term solution to fix the current
> nhibernate asset store implementation so that it works and when cable beach
> is finalized we can see if we need to do something extra to support that
> fully.

How would this work as a temporary measure:

class AssetBase
{
  private byte [] m_data;
  private AssetMetadata m_metadata;

  public UUID FullID
  {
    get { return m_metadata.FullID; }
    set { m_metadata.FullID = value; }
  }
  // etc for the rest of the properties

  // we have a method to retrieve the AssetMetadata object
  // so we don't also serialize it when sending assets over the wire
  public AssetMetadata getMetadata()
  {
    return m_metadata;
  }
  public void setMetadata(AssetMetadata metadata)
  {
    m_metadata = metadata;
  }
}

Is there a better way to stop the metadata (property) from being
serialized instead of using the C++-style accessor and mutator?

I can commit this in about 12 hours if it would work. Comments welcome.

Thanks,
Mike