Plus you could use those hashes to distribute the assets to several backed
databases in similar manner as hashmap works. If a database becomes too full
you can always split it to sub databases and move assets there in analogy
with hashmap internal datastructure. Basicly all hashmap performance math
and algorithms should apply. Do you think this could be workable way of
doing asset storage distribution?

regards,
Tommi