Hi,

I'm against a CommsManager class, on the grounds I'm against most
other *Manager classes.
They serve as holders for stuff that seems straightforward
initially, but soon become monolithic molochs that make a simple
change, like adding a single method on a single interface, a task of
changing 37 files.

I don't think that any of the region comms currently in region
modules will need to be accessed from application plugins, since
they are region specific.

I would envision a system of application plugins similar to region
plugins, that would expose their own comms interfaces to do the sort
of comms the application, rather than a region, needs to do.

Forcing region comms to go through some CommsManager seems wrong.

Here, I see that specialization is about to be discarded for
convenience, and I don't agree. Region comms, like teleport comms,
don't belong in an application level comms broker, they belong in
region modules. So do most other comms I'm aware of. Take users, fir
instance. The application never talks about users, regions do. The
user server comms really should be a shared region module.
Modularisation is the key here, not centralisation.

Melanie