Well, if a key is an arbitrary string, then it may also be a
constant UUID value, e.g. the standard session id we have now, so
(c) really includes (b).

Now, my vision of the future 3d internet is that all grids will be
walled gardens, trust domains, as an analog to a large, multi-server
website. I see people move between those trust domains using the
Hypergrid protocol and client side teleporting. I see people use
nonlocal messaging (Jabber, etc) instead of local grid comms.

Therefore, I believe the ability to run a trust domain with
hypergrid ability should be maintained, we should not mandate that
all protocols in all cases must assume untrusted regions, because I
see those in the hypergrid, rather than the local grid in the future.

Hypergridding between these trust domains, I believe, must involve
the target domain's user server, which would, in the case of (c),
negotiate the key with the viewer.

So, for now, (c) is the way to go, just don't forget the (b) use
case. Interregion trust should remain possible.

Melanie