From: Melanie <mela...@t-data.com>
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] Deprecate OpenSim.Grid.InventoryServer and
OpenSim.Grid.AssetServer?
To: opensim-dev@lists.berlios.de
Date: Wednesday, 8 July, 2009, 11:42 PM

It doesn't need to be segregated. This can be done in trunk
perfectly well. We have had bad experiences with branches and I
believe there is a general aversion to them now.

There is no need to push this outside of the core scope, especially
since it's already well underway. This whole discussion has been
totally sidetracked, questioning the project as a whole, a project
that has won great acclaim from my fellow core members and was,
among others, called "long overdue" and "badly needed".

This entire thread came from me trying to ascertain the fundamental
willingness to remove the monolithic servers _at some point_.

Melanie