Can I suggest something Impalah<impa...@gmail.com>?

Try the new OpenSimulator in a separate folder under your current
version of mono and let us know what happens.   If it works, then the
feedback that I've been getting about requiring a mono update might be
'outdated'.      If you have problems, please let us know so we can
know that we've updated the documentation correctly.    You could also
download the C# WebServer code from opensim-libs and attempt to
compile it yourself.   You might be able to get it to work with your
current version of mono successfully.

Regards

Teravus