Note: this is for those migrating from earlier versions of opensim...

Just a few things I found today by looking through inventory dumps (IAR) and
modifying/reloading them... some of the older items do not have the correct
"Flags" values. I really can't figure out a particular logic to how those
values were assigned, but they seem to be critical to the typing of
appearance items (shirts must have the shirts flags, shapes must have the
shapes flags etc). Even if the asset & inventory types are correct. (And
you'll know its broken because the icons in the inventory view will be
wrong).

Once I fixed all the flags and reloaded the inventory I no longer had any
appearance problems.

--mic