Maybe we should go a step further: create a global shared user directory.
This would eliminate 100% of "Unknown User" problems, and would also allow
IM to work regardless of which grids/simulators the users are on.

The shared directory could be implemented without a central service, by
having Robusts talk to each other to exchange information.

OK, I might be getting carried away here... This is obviously a lot more
work than just a single database table in Robust. But it's something we'll
probably want eventually in order to improve the user experience of the
Hypergrid.