Twisted torii are quite complex prims and usually take the longest time to
create a physics proxy (on the order of 5 milliseconds or more) and usually
use the most memory. Using integer sizes in your case would reduce the
amount of proxies stored in the mesh cache and make better use of it.
However, torus prims are procedurally generated and don't rely on sculpt or
mesh assets and therefore aren't really affected by the changes being
proposed in this thread; at least unless the conversation veers towards
optimizing the mesh cache in the sim to reduce or eliminate unused meshes.