Yeah, it's an interesting problem. A quick google doesn't reveal any obvious solutions, though one StackOverflow thread [1] has an interesting approach of wrapping multiple requests in a 'batch' request.

So I don't object to this, but I don't think that we should kid ourselves that we're writing pure REST interfaces. get_asset_exists is effectively an RPC call which POSTs a bunch of UUIDs and gets data back - it is not an HTTP verb operating on a resource.

Also, it would be great if you could add this new call to [2]. I'm very slowly trying to document all the various interfaces, protocols and calls, so that it's possible for other projects to implement them, to get a better overview of interfaces in OpenSimulator, etc.

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14636332/convention-for-combining-rest-requests-and-replies
[2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/AssetService