ExternalHostName = 91.xxx.yy.zz
MasterAvatarFirstName = FIRSTNAME
MasterAvatarLastName = LSTNAME
MasterAvatarSandboxPassword = ******
RegionType = "YOUR-REGIONTYPE"

So i define my region size here
SizeX = 1024
SizeY = 1024

And you need to add the following to your opensim.ini

[BulletSim]
    TerrainImplementation = 0

and

[Terrain]
    SendTerrainUpdatesByViewDistance = true

And you must use a 0.8.* opensim distribution, you HAVE to use Bullet as
your physics engine in opensim.ini

;; Choose one of the physics engines below
    ;# {physics} {} {Select physics engine} {OpenDynamicsEngine BulletSim
basicphysics POS} OpenDynamicsEngine
    ;; OpenDynamicsEngine is by some distance the most developed physics
engine
    ;; BulletSim is incomplete and experimental but in active development
    ;; basicphysics effectively does not model physics at all, making all
    ;; objects phantom
    ;; Default is OpenDynamicsEngine
    ; physics = OpenDynamicsEngine
    physics = BulletSim
    ; physics = basicphysics
    ; physics = POS

And a viewer that supports VarRegions like Singularity and Firestorm
All info can be found here : http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Varregion

best regards,
Wordfromthe Wise