If OSDE doesn't work out for you (It is a great tool though, so might be
worth giving another chance), you could also try php-shindig + partuza as a
local development setup.. use that and ?nocache=1 on the url's and you have
a pretty good 'real like' test environment.

See http://www.chabotc.com/guides/shindig_and_partuza_on_mac/ for a setup
guide, and if you run into any issues with it, feel free to ping us on the
shindig-dev list (
http://incubator.apache.org/shindig/community/getting-help.html)

Goodluck!

    -- Chris