On 8/11/05, Alan DuBoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thursday 11 August 2005 13:17, Shawn Walker wrote:
> > >
> > > Install Solaris yet?
> >
> > Not yet, I'm a bit leary since I just got it and it's already taken
> > some time to get it ready for work. I might do it this weekend or next
> > though. It's just that I already know that a lot of the hardware I
> > would want to work isn't supported (I didn't get to pick the unit), so
> > other than giggles and grins I'm not sure of what benefit it would be
> > to install :)
>
> Which laptop is it, and what devices are in it?

It's a Dell Inspiron 9300. The main devices I care about are the Intel
Pro Wireless 2200B Chipset (Centrino), SigmTel C-Major Audio, and the
PCI Express Radeon Mobility X300 Video card. At last check, the
wireless and video were unsupported, and the laptop is useless to me
without Wireless (no point in buying a dongle for something that will
eventually be solved).

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/