A K Saravanan wrote:
Hi,

I am running snv_23 on Toshiba Tecra M3 laptop, This laptop has Gigabit
Ethernet.
The skge driver which came with snv_23 did not work for this ethernet interface.

Downloaded skge driver from syskonnect website and installed, added the driver as given in the bigadmin (ie update_drv -i '"id,id"').
Before doing the reboot the ethernet card was detected and shown as skge2.

But after the system was rebooted, a menu item called Solaris_reboot_transient
got added into grub boot selection menu, and the system never booted after that.
It just tries to comes up when the Solaris was selected but again reboots.

Did anyone succesfully installed skge drivers in snv_??, thanks in advance.

Hi Saravanan,
I've been using the skge driver since it was in alpha (middle of
2004) on both Solaris 10 and Nevada. I have not had any problems with it.

I think the driver you probably need is actually the "nge" driver.
Could you post your 'prtpicl -v' output for that device entry -- that
will help the community with working out what driver you need.

As for the failure to boot -- could you please try adding "-kvr" to the
kernel line in the transient grub menu entry. That way when you boot it
- and I assume it's panicing - you can get a stack trace and we can see
what's _really_ going on with your laptop.

best regards,
James C. McPherson
--
Solaris Datapath Engineering