Scott N. wrote:
Could you explain your problems with the X location?

I'll probably do something similar from your view as I don't know
what's important for you...

I was frustrated that I went to /usr to try and use
/user/X11/xconfigure and noticed that Nexenta had /usr/X11R6 instead

We chose /usr/X11 over /usr/X11R6 for Solaris since we didn't want to
have to rename when X11R7 came out.    (At the time we didn't know how
soon R7 would be here, but Sun's ARC process makes you think about
plans for years out, not just tomorrow.)

Of course, now that X11R7 is fast approaching, (RC2 out now!) many of
the Linux distros plan to fix this by dumping the X11 subdirs altogether
and putting it all in /usr/bin & /usr/lib directly, because the FHS
won't be happy until every bundled program and library is in those
directories.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]