Glynn Foster wrote:

Hey,

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 10:47 -0800, Keith M Wesolowski wrote:
It's never correct to choose tools and then try to fit a process to
them.  Ignoring the fundamental problems with that approach, the
immediate practical question is "If I'm not choosing tools to support
a process, on what criteria will I base that selection?"  In practice
the answers tend to fall into two categories: inertia and fad worship.
We're explicitly not allowing inertia to drive the choice: TeamWare in
its current form fails to meet the essential requirements; it's clear
that these were not written with the advance intent to select
TeamWare.  Fad worship is at best shortsighted and intellectually
lazy, entirely inappropriate for a project team desirous of long-term
success.

You're absolutely right. You can't choose the tools without a process,
but neither can you choose a process without the tools. Maybe I'm taking
an overly simplistic view of how to approach this, but there's been very
little discussion on how the *process* is actually supposed to work.
Is there _A_ process?  Or does each consolidation follow its own?

Ian