Richard Jenner wrote:
I just tried this on my 20" Imac. I downloaded the new bootcamp software from Apple. I upgraded the firmware as per the instructions and then ran the bootcamp assistant. This allows you to partition the disk into 2 partitions (and a very nice gui with slider to make it very clear what you are doing). So I created a 30GB partition, and then hit install windows now. Having no Windows CD handy, I inserted Solaris Express Build 36 DVD I had lying around, and the machine rebooted.
It came up with the usual loading Stage 2....but got no further, so at least it
reads the DVD and tries to boot from it. I haven't done any further
investigation yet but I'll try a few other things later when I have some time.

Same here. I tried a Solaris 10 GA/FCS DVD as well. It got as far as doing the ACPI probe and bringing up the prompt that says "press ESC to interupt autoboot" it stopped there.

I've had much more success, sadly, with RHEL4 but it isn't using GRUB but lilo on the CD image. The kernel loads and it enters the installer but either it is hung or the keyboard isn't functional.

--
Darren J Moffat