Roland Mainz wrote:
Hi!

----

Is there a nameservice-independent way to obtain the values for
"user_attr" and "publickey" from a shell script (if not I would propose
to add a extension to "getent") ?

publickey no there isn't.

For user_attr it depends which values you want.

user_attr is a little problematic because in some cases it isn't just user_attr you need to look at but you might then need to look at prof_attr, auth_attr and exec_attr as well as policy.conf.

There are a couple of shell tools for some of the user_attr data.

auths(1) will tell you all the authorisations a user has from user_attr, all included profiles and defaults from policy.conf.

profiles(1) will tell you all the profiles a user has assigned to them from user_attr, and policy.conf and any profiles included in a profile.

roles(1) will tell you the roles a user has - currently you can only assign a role directly in user_attr(4) but we want to change that so you can do it as part of a profile in prof_attr(4) as well.

That still leaves:

        project, defaultpriv, limitpriv, lock_after_retries,
        idletime, idlecmd, labelview, clearance, min_label, type.

For the user_attr(4) database what exactly is it you are trying to do from shell script ?

I think having a getent for each of the nsswitch databases is a good idea but I want to be sure you are actually using the data in an appropriate way for user_attr(4).

--
Darren J Moffat