[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Stefan,

2. The currently proposed Apache 2.2.4 integration installs Apache in /usr/apache2, thereby _overwriting_ the existing Apache 2.0.x. Valid arguments have been made pro, and against this approach, with the suggestion that Apache 2.2.4 installs in /usr/apache2.2, thereby preserving the existing /usr/apache2. However, this alternate location would *not* alter the EOF/EOL timeout announced for Apache 2.0.x.

Just to clarify, the overwriting we're talking about is of the Apache
2.0.x binaries and libraries (or from a System V packaging perspective,
the "f" files that the vendor - for example, Sun - delivers) and we're
not talking about overwriting the configuration files (the so-called
"e" files).  Is that correct?

Correct. Existing configuration files will *not* be overwritten.

--Stefan

--
Stefan Teleman
Sun Microsystems, Inc.