On 28/03/07, W. Wayne Liauh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mitsuru Sasanuma of Sun's Japan team posted a set of SXDE installation slides
that I feel are closest to what I have been doing.  (Perhaps there are other
equivalent screenshots available, but I am just not aware of.)  It started with
resizing the Windows partition with qparted (as part of the Knoppix LiveCD),
then went on to show how to set up the hd partitions to allow for multiple
booting.  These slides are in Japanese, but I think the graphics should be
self-explanatory:

http://blogs.sun.com/sasanuma/entry/sxde_207_install_guide

I do have two questions.  First, the slide says this procedure does not apply
to Windows Vista (Vista は対象外).  Does this mean that the qparted program does
not work with Vista? Or that Vista and SXDE cannot exist on the same hd?
(probably the former.)

The former. Many users have posted on the web that any partition
resizing program they've tried has "corrupted" Vista partitions or
rendered them unbootable. That includes Partition Magic and other
programs. I suspect it has something very special it does to the
partition table.

Second, how do I take screenshots during Solaris installation?  Thanks.

VMWare :)

--
"Less is only more where more is no good." --Frank Lloyd Wright

Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/