"Anil Gulecha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not specifically asking for a Solaris port of
linux Nero. I'm
asking for
> a well designed GUI for burning CD/DVDs.. if Nero
*were* to be
ported, it
> would be a great choice.

The problem is thsat many people ask for something to
happen instead of
helping
things to be done.

Jörg
------------------------

As stated before, it seems we need the hardware and
specs available to the right software engineers that
will provide the solution.

1. Sony has a workstation (130G, $1500 USD) and
Blu-Ray drives (BWU-100A and BRU-100A (external)). The
25GB Blu-Ray disks cost about $17 USD and the 50GB
drives cost about $35 USD.

2. The HD-DVD 15GB disks cost about $14 USD.

So maybe provide an OpenSolaris/Solaris 10 workstation
with a retrofitted Sony BWU-100A/BRU-100 Blu-Ray drive
for remote development purposes and move forward with
this project????

I have immediate access to the hardware - if needed.

Ken Mays
EarthLink,Inc.