From: Chung Hang Christopher Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, Apr 24, 2007 10:52 pm
Subject: Re: [osol-discuss] Re:  Re: CD burning in Solaris
To: UNIX admin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org

> But if all you wanted to do is just "get stuff out
 of your computer", then why are you here? Why
 Solaris? Somebody with that kind of mentality can be
 perfectly happy on Windows. If you don't care about
 how it all works, you don't need the most advanced
 operating system on the planet. Windows will do.

How could you promote the idea that Windows will do?
Windows only suffices because of the fact that there
is so much desktop software written only for it. Of
course, it would not be a problem if Windows is not
the resource abusing pest that it is.

Why not Solaris as a replacement for Windows? Drivers
for Solaris go a long way unlike Linux and even
Windows. Solaris has a better potential than Linux for
this reason to replace that malware infested platform
called Windows.

Why relegate Solaris to a niche?