> Hello! Where is a posting for a newbies? I'm sorry!
> Please anybode say me "howto" I got to replase all of
> perm in my Nexenta?
> in /dev /devices and others!? Only need it!
> Any is possible modes?...

You should not modify permissions of files in /dev/ and /devices/.

What is it that you actually want to do?

> And more OpenSolaris don't working with SerialATA!
> It's problem! Why? SATA is actuality now ago!

Solaris does work with SATA. I've built quite a few servers of my own with SATA
in them and  installed Solaris on them and it just worked.

Not only did SATA work, SATA-II drives on Solaris are speed demons. I managed
to peak them out at ~75MB/s, and considering Solaris was running in PATA
emulation mode, that's some impressive I/O Solaris was pushing out of SATA-II
drives.

Do you have a non-onboard SATA controller in your system?

> But more I have IDE and SATA is starting as RAID mode
> stripping as separately! It's possible with nForce4
> chipset! Any one volume of disks may be created as
> stripping array! ;)

There is no need for that if you are running Solaris: ZFS has made all of that
hardware RAID stuff obsolete.

  • [osol-discuss] chang... Семёнов Влади мир Викторович
    • [osol-discuss] ... UNIX admin
      • [osol-discu... Семёнов Влади мир Викторович
        • [osol-d... UNIX admin
          • [os... Семёнов Влади мир Викторович
            • ... UNIX admin
          • [os... Andrew Pattison