On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, S h i v wrote:

> On 8/10/07, Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Please do!
>>
>> Until now, no lawyer did tell us that there may be a problem.
>>

> Alan has already made references to the repeated discussion that has
> happened with the legal team. There is no reason compelling enough for
> a second opinion :-)

Shiv,

Let me just add a couple comments here. No matter what I or anyone else
believes, at the end of the day everything needs to go through legal, we
just do not have a choice as Sun requires that to protect themself.

I have put my neck on the line to go up against legal for some issues that
I didn't feel were correct, and in the end it cause a lot of frustration
for everyone, the legal team, my manager, and myself. It did help me
understand more just why legal is so complicated in itself.

It's not a choice, we need to use them for anything that anyone from Sun
does, they are the folks that look after us. They are also the ones that
have the most knowledge about open source software at Sun and/or how it
applies to our sources.

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 IHV/OEM Group