Hey John,

Thanks for reply "guru" ... yes i was about to test sun trunking, But that
workes only with sun's hardware with hard coded support, like ce , qfe etc etc
... but not bge, pcn, rtls , e1000 etc..

But, i found nemo drivers work with the other ones well, and also we can
aggregate more than four interfaces, in case of trunking software max is four
only..

and other thing i want to ask you, what strategy do i use on switch... because
even managed switches ( form cisco etc ) does not do aggregation of ports on
there side efficiently ) ..

So may be for switch i have to think of something else... please let me know
your valuable suggestions on that part too.. i am seeing how all your guidance
is helping me to tune and evolve my implementation ..

if nothign works, ( please dont laugh ) , i am thinking to use a unix box with
some 6 or 8 GBE interfaces for switch too ....  lol ... normal mother boards
come with 3 pci slots, and i will put quad port Gigabit ethernet cards
availabel form intel, in all three slots..

and if i aggregate three ports each and make a 4 port switch ( with each port
capable of doing 3 GBPS  -- taht is 6 GBPS including both ways ) tahn
beautiful... )0

also we can use cat6 for cabling , as it is not a problem , and will easily
support this speed, because afterall its three different cables too, working
together right....

beautiful, i think we will be able to implement very good iscsi based san
guys,,   thanks so so soooo much for all you help... also now PGR is supported
from opensolaris build 74 on wards and Jim has already told me this and even i
too verified ( Thanks Jim... Fore those who dint know , Jim Dunham, from
Storage Platform Software Group at sun ) .

Wow... yeahhhahahhhhh ... I am floating...

One way or the other i will get this done and will definitely share with make a
note of complete detail;s of commands and procedures, and will produce to you
all for further tuning and evolution ..

-- Chandan