> I have sNV b78 installed (I know I'm working on upgrading to b90.)

Is that an official snv_78 build, or did you compile that from onnv-gate
mercurial sources (post snv_77)?

> I was attempting to mount /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s4, which is an ATAPI DVDROM
> drive containing S10 03/05 CD1, and the machine panic'd when I did
> 'mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s4'

Hmm, there had been some kernel heap corruption problems with hsfs
around snv_75 / snv_77.  That was bug 6621609, and is supposed to be
fixed in snv_78.

Can you try to add the following line to /etc/system, reboot, and retry to
reproduce the hsfs mount panic?

    set kmem_flags=0xf

(This enables kernel heap checking)