Chris,

> I'm making a huge assumption:

A brave move.

> the website says:
>
> Legal representation for the affairs of Blastwave.org Inc. are handled
> by Deeth Williams Wall LLP in Toronto Canada. ( DWW.com )
>
> dww.com <http://dww.com> is a trademark and patent lawyer. I have the
> feeling that this is what is going on.
>
> We need word from dennis as to why he needs money, and I am sure we
> can get the ball rolling.

<IANAL>

If DWW is indeed a trademark and patent lawyer, then you can bet your
bottom that the area of contention is software distribution; and how
some company's rights have allegedly been infringed by Blastwave (and
other associated domains). The fact that GenUNIX is still up, running,
and providing a download service confuses me. So possibly someone has
accused Blastwave of distributing software that it has "no right" to
distribute; and has lodged a case against Blastwave (against Dennis - I
guess that company directors are personally liable). We in the
OpenSolaris community know that Dennis has always acted in best faith;
and provided a dependable service.

Dennis is always in need of money ;-) And as for getting the ball
rolling, the "ball" is rhombicosidodecahedral in nature; thus it rolls a
tiny bit, then lands on a flat surface, and stalls, awaiting further
impetus.

We will likely not hear directly from Dennis, as all this is possibly
sub judice; given the tone of the Blastwave statement.

</IANAL>

Regards... Sean.