Scott Rotondo wrote:
Kewl Eugene wrote:
I meant the R600 (not R500) and A605 share the same PDF manual.
The Toshiba R600 is $1600 with OpenSolaris. If you shop around you
can buy a Toshiba A605 for $800. That's alot of sushi ;-) The specs
are all the same. *Apparently* they both use the same board.
I want to run Mentor, Synopsys, etc. tools for Intelx64 that the
sales rep lets us use for free.
It looks like physical form factor is the key difference. According to
http://laptop.toshiba.com, the A605 is a pound or two heavier. The
list price difference between the two models from Toshiba is $700.
I haven't personally tried the A605, but I assume that it would run
OpenSolaris equally well.
Scott
I posted this on the forums just now....
.....................................................................................................
I went back to Fry's Sunnyvale this afternoon. On the Toshiba A605-P210
I was NOT able to boot OpenSolaris 2009.06 USB. I was able to boot
Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope 9.04 x64 USB. I tried several other Toshiba
notebooks and none would boot OpenSolaris.
I will next check the forums to see if the Toshiba R600 uses a special
OpenSolaris build.
Would Belinux work?
Perhaps people can tell me which notebook they have booted OpenSolaris
with. I know I can check BigAdmin, but I want to hear it from you guys
because I will have to buy the notebook new or used on eBay and it's
tough selling stuff these days
..........................................................................................................
Randy Miyazaki
Mountain View CA
_______________________________________________
opensolaris-discuss mailing list
[email protected]