Can we expect the adp driver (present in SXCE build 125) to be included into
the OpenSolaris extra repository at some point in the future? That driver
supports a bunch of old Adaptec HBAs--the AHA 2940 (aka AIC7861) being one of
them--and seems to be distributable only under binary form, which is why it was
never integrated into OpenSolaris.

Still, it would be really nice to have, especially for people using old
hardware. As an aside, Linux does provide source code for a similar driver.

I myself would be greatly satisfied with a binary only driver. To get my 2940
to work under nv_b125, I had to download the full DVD image of the latest SXCE
(3.7GB) and install the adp driver from there. Kind of overkill, I'd say...