> I believe anyone expecting any engineer to know all
> the parts of
> the system is woefully underestimating just how much
> software we
> have and what you consider to be "common knowledge"
> is not as
> common as you think.

Yeah, except I am not an ARC member.  I don't know about you, but if I were a
Sun employee and have the power to withhold my approval until the submitter
does something as I asked, I will definitely be more friendly in my tone.  But
more important, on subjects that are beyond my expertise, I will ask one or
more of my colleagues who are actually qualified to post questions, lest I
expose myself to be a total idiot (at least on this subject matter) and taint a
bad reputation--at least as far as I am concerned--on Sun, now Oracle, as the
proprietor of the entire efforts.

Understandably, we probably don't have any ARC member who is well versed in
Chinese input methods.  But this is exactly the gist of my outcry.  After more
than five years, and Sun--now Oracle--seemingly still has no one who can lead
an effort to break the zero market share of OpenSolaris in China?

> Perhaps you should be a little
> less hostile
> to someone who is just trying to get the facts on the
> table?
>
> --
> -Alan Coopersmith-
> -           alan.coopersm...@sun.com
> Oracle Solaris Platform Engineering: X Window
> ow Syst

Why no Sun employee spoke out for me when I was being attacked?