On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Paul Gress <pgr...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On 04/14/10 01:11 PM, Martin Bochnig wrote:
>

> How can it appear to be ^frozen^?
> Then maybe you are not subscribed to the right lists.
>

> Appears and actual are two different things.  What I mean by appears is
> nothing has been published as in some form of a binary release for me to
> upgrade my b134 for a little over a month.  Now I know Alan stated this
> happened previously, which I remember, but the community was informed, and
> the timing also wasn't during a transistion from Sun to Oracle.
>
> I doubt anybody would continue to pay the developers, unless they do
> very well plan to release *something*.
>

> I'm sure they plan to release something, they are continuing to develop.
> I'm afraid it may be in the form of a paid subscription service.

And even, if! Would (I said w o u l d) that matter?
People pay for bread, electricity, going to the toilet, for their own
grave, even for Microsoft - warez.
Why not for a real UNIX OS???

And once again, don´t care about the distro.
There are a  few good alternative distos, always have been. They are
not only longer on the market, than www.opensolaris.com, but it is
even the other way around: Indiana was mostly derived from BeleniX and
SchilliX!!!

So what? Build your own distro, or take one of the free alternatives:
 http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Main/downloads

Everything must be open. Everything must be for free. What is the
counter-contribution for this???
Is this a user-community like that of Wondows 7?
Or are there 2 directions?

If Oracle increasingly commercializes their distro, then the
alternative distros will finally flurish again!

%martin