On 10/04/2011 23:31, Ian Collins wrote:
On 04/11/11 10:29 AM, iwasinnamuk...@genestate.com wrote:
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:20:38AM +1200, Ian Collins wrote:
On 04/11/11 10:06 AM, iwasinnamuk...@genestate.com wrote:
Hi list,

I've got a machine running OSOL...can't remember the exact version :/
Hasn't been updated in a while as I couldn't get access to the
repositories.

I normally runs just fine (except for a small problem probably related
to the network card) however today it's really let me down.

I tried to destroy some datasets but the command hung. Couldn't kill
(-9) it. I was also trying to delete some files on another dataset
(same
pool) but that eventually hung too.
There were a number of issues with zfs destroy hanging in older builds.
It can still take an age if you are using dedup.

Try booting from a live CD, import the pool, scrub and export.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm downloading the image again, the
original was on the machine that is down of course :D

I'll try to clean it up from the livecd, but out of interest: I did some
reading since I posted and would I be right in thinking that it might be
trying to continue the destroy, and that it might actually finish
(eventually)?

Possibly, or it could have hung.

You could check for activity with zpool iostat, or truss/dtrace the
process doing the delete.

Apologies my last message went off-list. I'm trying to do too many things at once.

Well I've got the livecd running and trying to import the pool. It's been running for at least 40 mins now, initially iostat reported lots of reads but its down to relatively few now.

zpool iostat hangs, truss on the import process doesn't output anything at all. Disk light is still on solid. I'm not very familiar with dtrace but i'll have a read and see if I can find anything.

I should probably be posting to the zfs-discuss list now I'm sure it's a ZFS problem. Maybe I'll do that if things don't look brighter soon :P

Thanks