On 11/15/11 02:46 PM, Mike Gerdts wrote:
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM, Deniz Rende<deniz.re...@gmail.com>  wrote:

  You will then need to transition your network configuration in the

zone from net0 to net1.
Do you mean, sysconfig configure here or some othe procedure. Right now it
looks like this:
LINK                CLASS     MTU    STATE    OVER
net0                phys      1500   up       --
net1                phys      1500   unknown  --
zdev1/net1          phys      1500   unknown  --

Whatever you do to reconfigure it, you need to do it in the zone.  You
can use sysconfig configure, or use ipadm.  I think the steps are
something along the lines of:

root@zone# ipadm delete-ip net0/<something>
root@zone# ipadm create-ip net1/v4
root@zone# ipadm create-addr -T static -a local=addr/mask net1/v4

My fingers are still learning the new magic, so there could be
something horribly wrong in my advice.  If Seb gives conflicting
advice, he's probably right.

Since you brought it up... ;-) The objects that ipadm manipulates are IP interfaces and addresses. In the above example, the delete-ip and create-ip subcommands are manipulating IP interfaces, and the create-addr subcommand is manipulating an IP address over one of those interfaces. "net0" and "net1" are IP interface names. "net1/v4" is the name of an IP address over the "net1" IP interface. So the sequence is:

# ipadm delete-ip net0
# ipadm create-ip net1
# ipadm create-addr -T static -a <addr>/<prefix-len> net1/v4

-Seb