On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 05:27, Mike Chase
<mike.ch...@alternatemetaverse.com> wrote:
> On 12/12/2010 10:48 PM, Marc Adored wrote:
>> Yes 32bit SLVoice can run with 64bit viewer because the viewer is not
>> using it as a lib its a network connection between each other so none
>> of that matters.
>>
> Ok, so maybe one thing that might be considered for a 64 bit build is to
> build the core client 64bit but do the voice and SLPlugin stuff as
> 32bit.  Can the build scripts be taught to do that? It seems building
> standalone with such a config would produce a fully functional client
> (all the pieces would work).
>
> Mike

I personally would also be interested in the opposite as well.
I hate building standalone (Come on LL, why can't you provide 64bit
prebuilds? It's not like 64bit OSes are exotic anymore), so on my
64bit Debian system, I build a 32bit client with the necessary libs
installed in /*/lib32/ (as opposed to, say, a pure chroot)

Naturally this makes media playback fail due to there being no 32bit
gstreamer libs installed, and getting those properly setup with all
dependencies can be a nightmare. A 32bit SLPlugin build communicating
with the 64bit client would solve that.